Tuesday 22 November 2011

Exciting News!

Good or bad... I'll let you decide.

Our new supervisor didn't last long. There are reasons I can't explain here for why she left aside from what you can guess. I'm a little disappointed because I feel like if she had just hung in there for a couple weeks longer, she could've really done some good things around here to help. Her intentions were really in a good place-- or in the same place as mine and Ryan's.

Anyway, I might have mentioned this, but a couple weeks ago the mother of a pre-kindergarten kid got angry at everyone because the kid was not improving in math. When we decided to give worksheets for homework, she screamed at a staff member and pulled her kid out. The same mother who decided to pick the worst and most unlikely meaning of "mad" and got upset with me for the misunderstanding. I found it hilarious seeing as I never spoke to the kid that day except to tell him his behavior of "being mad and rude" was unacceptable and they are reading a book called "Mad Dog." As bad as this sounds, it was a load of stress off everyone's shoulders. Not only because of the mother but also because the other kid could get a break at being teased for his English. This week, however, he came back. Today went alright, but I'm going to expect the worst. That way, I won't be surprised the next time something off- the- wall happens.

On the up side my ribs, lungs, and cartilage are all finally healing! Last week was still pretty painful but I've definitely noticed the difference in the last few days, so I am very happy. Having coughing episodes where I'd end up throwing up was pretty crazy. I've never had coughs that bad where I'd gag. But all is well! And just in time for December :) December is my favorite month because I love the Christmas spirit, lights, and everything about December in general so I can actually enjoy myself and not be sick in bed! Although I know December/Christmas just won't have the same warm and cozy feeling as being back in Cali... but having something from home (Ryan and one of my stuffed animals) with me definitely makes it a little easier. I know Ryan will probably try to make this month super special and Christmas-y/Decemberish to me, too since he knows I love this time of the year.

I've been looking into yoga/ballet stretching/pilates classes to take in the next few days since I feel well enough to start working out. I'm pretty excited but nervous since I don't speak any English. Hopefully it goes over well and I can mesh into the classes without any difficulties! That's all for now.

Stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment