Friday, 2 September 2011


It's been a while since I've blogged in any blog. If you have my other one, then you know how stressed I've been with my cousin's wedding performance and preparations for going to Korea. Anyway, I've been trying to decide whether I want to start a new blog just for Korea or whether I should continue my updates on my England blog. I've figured it's too complicated to make myself a new email and start another one. Also, my personal blog is... well, personal, and I have been having issues with my ucdavis gmail login. (It creates problems for me logging into my personal blog).

Now if I can just remember everything that has happened since Seattle.

As you all probably know, I was performing in my cousin's wedding. I was a nervous wreck for the two weeks leading up to his special day. Things with Korea weren't working out or needed some sorting out. My violin was having problems (and it never really got fixed, but no one noticed). The wedding turned out beautifully and I loved Seattle. Most importantly, I am so overjoyed to have seen the family I love again and to have gained a sister figure in my life!

The morning after the wedding was pretty crazy. Ryan and I were out until 1 am at a bar with my cousin and most of the wedding attendees. (I think it was my first time getting a whee bit tipsy, too.) Anyway, we had to wake up at 4 and got out the door by 4:40. United Airlines was pretty confusing with the way they checked us and our luggage in, but we eventually figured it out after 30 minutes. Now, although I've ridden on a bagillion short and long flights my entire life, it never gets easier. Turbulence, taking off, landing, etc. Well, this United Airlines flight attendant was saying "Emergency Evacuation" at all the wrong times, and I am pretty sure you only say those words before take-off and if there is a real emergency. This flight attendant said, "We are now descending. During an emergency evacuation, leave all your belongings behind." In all the airplane rides of my life, not one has said that while descending. Ryan and I both looked at each other confused and a little freaked out. For the 15 minutes that we were in the air to the touch-down, we were both trying to figure out what was going on. Then, we ended up taxing for about 5-7 minutes, during which the same flight attended muttered something about an emergency for our plane again. WHAT? lol This flight attendant was either new or off her rocker. The flight to Korea went very smoothly, and the guy sitting next to me was apparently also teaching English, too. As soon as we arrived, our employer met us at our apartment complex, which is called I want. It was around 8:30 pm, and we were exhausted so we grabbed a quick dinner and went to bed. I have to say, though, the neat thing about our apartment complex is that it is a part of a small mall. So the grocery store, a cafe, and some restaurants are just down stairs. Anyway, that was day 1.

I will update on the days up to today after dinner or tomorrow. Ryan is famished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment